– USGA Handicap Index through the GHIN service at the KGA online E-Club
– Handicap revision updates emailed straight to the golfer
– Online Posting for golfers to track their Handicap and Stats
– Up-to-date course rating information in national database ensures handicap accuracy
– Eligibility to play in KGA tournaments, championships and events
– Support of youth golf in our state through the Youth on Course initiative
Information & Instructions
Before beginning the application process, please read the following:
1) The special rate for this online handicap is $28.00. This membership opportunity is open to new and renewal members.
2) When you sign up now, your USGA Handicap will be active through February 1, 2020.
3) After you fill out the form completely, click “Join Now!”. Your handicap will be processed within 24 hours, and you will receive a confirmation welcome e-mail with your GHIN number. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us via phone during normal business hours 9am – 5 pm Monday – Friday at (502) 243-8295 or via e-mail at email@example.com
What is a Golf Handicap?
A golf handicap is the measurement of a golfer’s potential playing ability. A golf handicapping system (USGA Handicap System) is used so golfers of all skill levels can play from a level playing field. It is based on the golfer’s most recent rounds. Therefore a golfer’s handicap is never outdated, so your handicap increases and decreases based on your current level of ability.
It allows the less skilled player to deduct a stroke off certain holes. At the end of a round, golfers of varying handicaps add their scores minus the strokes they were allowed to take off. This gives them each a net score based on their handicap and provides a winner based on how well a person played given their current skill level. A golf handicap can also be used in hole by hole competitions in the same way.
Why have a Golf Handicap
While having a golf handicap is not a license to play golf, it is an important part of being part of the game and has many benefits. Perhaps the two greatest reasons you have a golf handicap is the ability to track your progress and compare yourself against others.